Friday 26 April 2013

Rant or Rave?

Maybelline Expression Colour Tattoo 24hr Eyeshadow



At least one part of my body will be bronzed and beautiful

Me and (I'm getting my American on here) drugstore makeup aren't the best of friends. Every few months I get a bit of a shock at the purse crippling, hide the receipts from my boyfriend, cost of my makeup and skincare and trundle down to Boots or Superdrug in an attempt to find a cheaper alternative. I nearly always leave disappointed. I have so many unused drugstore products that it probably would have saved me money to just buy one high-end product I know would work.

However, Maybelline Colour Tattoo has been slowly but surely changing my mind. I shoved on my Urban Decay naked palette last week without their primer potion underneath, and by the end of the day my lids resembled the state of my boyfriend's shirts in their crease-i-ness. 

Since them I have been wearing my Maybelline On and on Bronze daily. I am rather (read: incredibly) lazy when it comes to applying my makeup in the morning. I want to spend as long as possible in bed but at the same time I don't want to scare small children on my way to work. On and on Bronze is a breeze to apply and a be-ay-utiful colour to boot. I apply the colour onto my lids with my fingers, and if I'm feeling especially snazzy I blend with a brush. The pigment pay off is amazing, it blends like a dream,  and it stays on for as long as I can stay up.

I wear it daily as a wash of colour over my lids, and in the evening as a base for other eyeshadows. Purfection.

A tattoo I guarantee you won't regret getting.

Highstreet maybe there is a place for you in my heart after all. I'm keen to try other colours, what do you recommend?

Get it here


No comments:

Post a Comment