Monday 18 March 2013

Holy Grail

Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer

I've decided to add a new section to this blog- Holy Grail, my cherry picks of them gems of the beauty industry that no bathroom cabinet, dressing table, or makeup bag should be without. My own personal Beauty Hall of Fame if you like. 

First up may just be my all time favourite product. And trust me that is really saying something. I can be somewhat of a flooze with products, flirting between different brands and cheating on my long loved favourites with the hot new thing on the market.

Hello my name is Frankie and I am a product commitment-phobe



However, I may have just entered a long term relationship with Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer. I have previously courted Laura Mercier, Nars, Tarte, and Dr Brandt. Dr Brandt used to be my man of the moment but I must admit to more than one 'one night stand' with other products. 

Veil's silky smooth offering increases the longevity of makeup, entirely negating the need to blot or reapply, smooths over skin, minimises pores and keeps shine at bay. It also neutralizes redness (even rosacea!), softens the look of fine lines and wrinkles, contains broad spectrum SPF15 to shield skin from the sun, and the snazziest trick it has up its sleeve? It is waterproof. Not just that it makes ANY other makeup you apply on top it waterproof too!Hourglass is an LA based brand and those Californian women demand a lot from both their men and makeup. Designed to keep makeup in place in spite of the Californian sun (those poor women sweating in the  sweltering sun all day!) it works just as well in the British rain and gyms. Thanks to this little catch your makeup will stay in place come rain or shine, gym or dance floor induced sweat.

You can see the decreased redness in your skin when you first apply and your base goes on flawlessly afterwards. But it is the oil control power that is second to none. I stopped using it for a few days last week (I couldn't find it and thought Dr Brandt would do) and man could you tell the difference. By  11 o'clock I needed to blot, by 2 o'clock my face looked like an oil rig and by the end of the day my face was a no hope. They say you don't realise what you love until its gone, and just two days away from my new lover was more than enough!

Free of oil, parabens, glutens, sulfates and other nastys this mineral primer doesn't block your pores and allows your skin to breathe.

Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer is available from Liberty and Space NK is available in two sizes:

30ml for £52
10ml for £20

They say money can't buy you love. What do they know, they just don't know where to shop! One pump a day and the full size will last you 4 months! You could save this little baby for special occasions when you really need your makeup to last, but when you get into bed with this cheeky number it'll be hard to give up!

It's official I'm in love. 

2 comments:

  1. i know its a hide the receipt purchase but you will not regret it its my favourite makeup product! x

    ReplyDelete